1. The sun dog, or parhelion, is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light, often coloured in the sky, best seen when the sun is low.
2. Modern day baseball generally has five starting pitchers, so they play every fifth day.
3. A pan troglodyte is the common chimpanzee.
4. Akademgorodok is part of the city of Novosibirsk, and is the educational and scientific centre of Siberia.
5. Merle Oberon was born in 1911 in Bombay, India, of Anglo-Indian parentage, although she claimed whe was born in Tasmania.