Answers to Diana’s Quiz, January 5, 2013
- A 3 dog night is one so cold that it helps to have 3 dogs bundling in bed with you to keep warm. Some say the term originated in the Australian outback, others say that it came from dog sledders in the Arctic.
- A byte is a unit of digital information that most commonly consists of bits
- A Dormin is a spirit in the Hobbit whose soul has been split into 16 pieces and, for having committed an unforgivable act, sealed in gigantic stones. Spelled backwards, it is “Nimrod”.
- Niagara Falls froze completely through in the winters of 1911 and 1932. However, there is always a small trickle of water that does not freeze.
- Leonardo da Vinci invented scissors.