by Diana Filer
1. Wyoming is the most Republican of the United States, having voted thus in every presidential election for the past 50 years.
2. A jeremiad is a mournful lamentation containing a long list of woes.
3. Harissa is a very hot Tunisian chili pepper paste.
4. A ‘porky’ is slang for a ‘lie’. It comes from the English rhyming version of slang: in which a word or phrase is substituted for the word it rhymes with, in this case the original being ‘pork pie’. Then through frequent use it shortened to porky.
5. With at least 1,826 bird species, Colombia has the greatest number.