Answers to Diana’s Quiz – October 29, 2016
- The Jack-o-lantern originated in Ireland, and was originally a hollowed-out turnip. Named after a stingy character called Jack, who had trouble with the devil.
- The Rogers Cup is a tennis tournament organized by Tennis Canada.
- Marie Curie was the first person to win the Nobel Prize twice, the first time for Physical Science and the second for Chemistry.
- A lek is a unit of Albanian currency, introduced in 1926. Before that, Albania used the gold standard.
- ‘Black hats’ are hackers who violate computer security for little reason beyond maliciousness or for personal gain.