by Diana Filer
1. Gregor Mendl, the Father of Modern Genetics, experimented with the common garden pea to discover the laws of heredity.
2. Alla prima is a technique in which layers of wet paint are applied to layers of wet paint. Used mostly in oil painting, it has to be done quickly before the previously laid-down layers dry up.
3. Lululemon, a Canadian-American clothing company headquartered in Vancouver, will be outfitting the Canadian Winter Olympic teams beginning in 2022.
4. ‘Curiosity killed the cat, but Satisfaction brought it back’, according to the proverb.
5. Sunday, September 26, is World Rivers Day, celebrating the world’s waterways and highlighting the importance of rivers to the world. The first one was in 2005.