(Lanark County, ON) – Lanark County OPP have charged the driver of a pickup truck that struck the rear of another vehicle stopped at a RIDE program in Lanark Highlands, on the night of Friday 29th November 2013.
Officers were conducting the program on Hwy 511 at about 8.24 pm when the north bound pickup truck approached them, locked up its brakes and struck the stopped vehicle.
William Fair, aged 49, from the Township of Lanark Highlands was charged with the Criminal Code of Canada offences of:
- One count of Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
- One count of Operate Motor Vehicle Over 80 milligrams of Alcohol per 100 Milliliters of Blood
- One count of Dangerous Driving
- One count of Take Motor Vehicle without Consent
- One count of Possession of Cocaine contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Fair was also charged with driving under suspension contrary to the Highway Traffic Act and Having Liquor in an Open Container contrary to the Liquor Licence Act.
He was released on a Promise To Appear at the Provincial Court in Perth.
No occupants of either vehicle were injured in the collision.