Answers to Diana’s Quiz – February 25, 2017
- Trappist is an acronym for ‘transiting planets and planetisimals small telescope’, named after a robotic telescope in the Atacama Desert that astronomers initially used to study the star.
- The domestic sewing machine, manufactured by Isaac Singer in Boston in 1851 was the first labour-saving device for the home. The first electric sewing machine was produced by the Singer Manufacturing Company at their plant in Elizabethport, NJ, in 1889.
- Historically, a unicorn carriage is one pulled by 3 horses.
- There are 32 pieces in a chess game.
- Hg stands for the element mercury.