by Diana Filer
- CERB refers to Canada Emergency Response Benefit, a taxable 4 month benefit for workers who have lost income due to the current pandemic.
- Antonio Vivaldi was also a devout priest. He composed his first religious work when he was 13. Perhaps his best know work is ‘The Four Seasons’.
- Cairo is the world’s largest Arab-speaking city.
- The Hump was the route that WWII Allied pilots used to fly military transport planes over the Himalayas, a ‘very risky business’,from India to China, the Burma Road being blocked. Until then, there had been little reason to fly planes over such hazardous mountains.
- A polo game is divided into 6 periods of 7 minutes each. Chukka is a colloquial Indian term for circuit.