by Diana Filer
1. ‘Canadian Art’, the monthly periodical, has closed down after 37 years of publication.
2. A banana is a herb: a herbaceous perennial.
3. A cross sea is a sea state, with 2 wave systems travelling at oblique angles, forming a diamond pattern on the surface of the water.
4. The Moonstone, written in 1868, is considered to be among the first and finest of suspense novels, containing many elements that have become classic in the mystery genre of today, including: the inside job; a large number of false suspects, and a final plot twist.
5. The Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team played its first season in 1958. It had been the Brooklyn Dodgers from 1884 until 1957.