Answers to Diana’s Quiz, September 13, 2014
- Haiti remains the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere.
- The Guar bean, or cluster bean, is a legume cultivated mostly today in India and Pakistan. It has many different functions for human and animal nutrition but its seeds are the most important use in the west today, used as gelling agents.
- Muhammad Ali converted to Sunni Islam in 1975.
- An ANZAC first referred to a soldier who had fought in WWI.
- Fred Astaire’s first dancing partner was his sister, Adele.