Answers to Diana’s Quiz – August 19, 2017
- Magda Lupescu was the mistress of King Carol II of Romania, who abdicated when he would not give her up, however, resumed the throne by an act of parliament and kept Lupescu as his mistress. Some say that she was the power behind the throne.
- Democratic Senator Al Franken of Minnesota used to be a stand-up comedian.
- Moshe Safdie designed the National Gallery of Canada, which opened in 1988.
- The Musical West Side Story derived from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
- Apart from swimmer Caitlin (Bruce Jenner), British Actor Noel Harrison competed in the Olympics as an alpine skier; Johnny Weissmuller (Tarzan) as a swimmer, and Harold Sakata was a weightlifter, among others.