1. The lymphatic system is a drainage system which helps to filter out pathogens and other impurities from the body. It also carries white blood cells throughout the body to fight infection.
2. The Pineapple Express is a meteorological phenomenon characterized by heavy and persistent rains originating from the waters adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands that extend to the Pacific Coast of North America. It is part of the southern branch of the Polar Jetstream.
3. Winston Churchill was the politician painted by Graham Sutherland, but Churchill’s wife, Clementine, disliked it so much that it was destroyed on her sayso.
4. Clark Gable and Loretta Young had a love child in 1935. Loretta put her into an orphanage at the age of 8 months, and later adopted her when she was 19 months old. It was not until 1999, when the daughter, Judy, was 64 years old, that Young finally admitted it, although Judy’s fiancé had already told her on the eve of their wedding.
5. Cloud computing in science is a synonym for distributing components of a network. It is the ability to run a program or application on many connected computers at the same time. The word ‘cloud’ in this instance is a metaphor for the internet.