Do you know a student who would like to attend the Ontario Nature Youth Summit?
The Mississippi Valley Field Naturalists will sponsor two students to attend this action-packed weekend from September 20-22, 2019.
What is it? The Youth Summit brings together about 100 students in grades 9-12 from across Ontario to learn about the variety of natural life in our province and positive solutions to conservation and environmental issues in a complex and changing world. Hosted by the Ontario Nature Youth Council, all workshops and activities reflect topics that are the most important to today’s youth.
Some highlights to look forward to at the 2019 Summit:
- Compelling, interactive workshops and activities
- A keynote presentation by high-profile environmental leaders
- A wonderful venue to explore, situated on Lake Couchiching, complete with hiking trails, early morning canoeing and nightly campfires
- Meeting diverse young leaders with similar interests from across Ontario!
What is included in the registration?
- Meals: Friday dinner, 3 meals Saturday, breakfast and lunch Sunday
- Accommodations: Rooms at YMCA Geneva Park (Orillia) are suite style with two double beds and an ensuite 3-piece bathroom.
- Transportation: From Toronto to Orillia and back.
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY FIELD NATURALISTS ARE SPONSORING TWO LOCAL YOUTH:
The sponsorship includes the $375 registration fee paid directly by MVFN and up to $150 for travel expenses to Toronto and back.
Who is eligible to apply?
High school students (grade 9-12 as of September 2019) in Lanark County and region who are interested in the natural world.
Complete the application online. Selected candidates may have a short interview with MVFN members.
Two candidates will be chosen.
Application Deadline this Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
For further information please contact T. Kuiper, MVFN BOD member.