by Susan Hanna
This recipe from Canadian Living is a perfect quick lunch or supper. Combine the mayo, lemon juice and mustard and add cooked shrimp and chopped pickles, dill, capers and shallot. Place arugula warmed buns and top with the shrimp mixture. Cook’s notes: For a lighter version, use yogurt instead of mayonnaise. I used a baguette instead of hot dog buns.
Avoiding Additives and Preservatives.
I used Hellman’s mayonnaise, freshly squeezed lemon juice, PC Organic frozen shrimp, Putter’s dill pickles, Savor capers and an Ace Bakery baguette — all are free of additives, preservatives, artificial colours and flavours. For more recipes using all-natural ingredients, visit Eye For a Recipe.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz (340 g) cold water shrimp, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) capers, rinsed, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) finely shopped shallot
- 1 cup (250 ml) arugula
- 4 hot dog buns, warmed
In bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp, pickles, capers and shallot; mix gently. Place ¼ cup (60 ml) arugula in each bun. Divide shrimp mixture among buns.
From Canadian Living