Answers to Diana’s Quiz – July 15, 2017
- The concrete in the dome of Rome’s Pantheon has stood the test of time since at least 126 a.d. It is completely unreinforced by steel or any other material for all these centuries. The concrete got both lighter (less dense aggregate) and thinner toward the top, good engineering. Concrete workers now do not generally have the light volcanic tufa to enable them to lighten their concrete while maintaining strength.
- Natalia Veselnitskaya is the Russian lawyer whom Donald Trump Jr. says he met last year to discuss, among other things, the adoption of Russian babies by Americans.
- Theotokopoulos was known as El Greco.
- The highest peak in the Alps is Mont Blanc, or Monte Bianco.
- The dog created to hunt otters is the Airedale, the largest breed of terriers.