1. Walla is background noise added to create the illusion of sound taking place outside the action of the main picture.
2. In 1971, the writer Gordon Bowker and two friends decided to go into the coffee roasting business in the Seattle area, and as his favourite novel was Moby Dick, he wanted to call the business Pequod, after the ship in the book. His partners were not fans of his choice so they decided on the name of the ship’s first mate, Starbuck.
3. In poker, a tell is a change in the demeanor of a player that some claim gives clues to what is in the hand of that person.
4. A meme is an idea, behaviour or style that spreads from person to person within a culture.
5. Spunlace is a non-woven fabric such as felt or the material from which hand and face wipes, etc., are made.