Answers to Diana’s Quiz – October 14, 2017
by Diana Filer
- Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley in 1790 wrote “A Vindication of the Rights of Man”, 2 years before she wrote “A Vindication of the Rights of Women”.
- In horses, a sorrel is another term for a chestnut.
- Human chimerism indicates two complete sets of genomes rather than the normal single set.
- A rookery is a breeding colony of penguins, seals or turtles.
- In sailing, the leech is the back end of a symmetrical sail, or the aft end of a fore and aft sail.