The Lanark County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has laid firearm related charges as a result of a search warrant executed late last week.
On July 5, 2013 the Lanark County OPP Crime Unit with the assistance of the OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) executed a search warrant at a residence located on Ramsay Concession 4A. As a result of the search, police seized 8 long guns including a .22 calibre rifle that had been altered by shortening the stalk. Two firearms were also found not to be stored properly as per the Firearm Regulations.
As a result of the investigation 48 year-old John PORTEOUS of Mississippi Mills is charged with:
• Unauthorized Possession of Firearm X 8
• Breach of Firearms Regulation X 2
• Possession of a Firearm while Prohibited
• Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
• Fail to Comply with Undertaking
PORTEOUS is currently in custody.