You’ve probably heard that the Almonte Old Town Hall will be the proud host of Vinyl Café featuring Stuart McLean July 12th and 13th? No doubt you also heard that tickets sold out in less than a week! Did you miss the boat?
Good news! All is not lost. Here is your chance to WIN your tickets!
MISSISSIPPI MILLS “STORY EXCHANGE” WRITING CONTEST
Stuart McLean is a best-selling author, award-winning journalist, humorist, and host of CBC Radio program The Vinyl Cafe. As a former journalism teacher he believes that everyone can write. We are asking that submissions to our contest follow the Vinyl Café Story Exchange rules – they must be short and they must be true.
Some advice from Stuart McLean on submitting to the Story Exchange “Now here is something important. You don’t have to be a writer to join in. In fact, if you have never written anything before in your life I want to hear from you more than anyone. Just put your story down on paper. Use simple short words. They are the best kind. Think of it as writing me a letter.
It is my belief that if enough of us write … and if we take the pains to tell the truth …about something important to us … that together we will create an extraordinary archive — an archive that will be a snapshot of our country. A picture of who we are, and how we feel about things, and most importantly, what we feel is important.”
OUR AMAZING PRIZES:
First Prize: Two tickets to Stuart McLean’s sold out performance on Friday July 12, 2013, dinner for two at Heirloom Café Bistro, Accomodations for two at Almonte Riverside Inn (sponsored by Mississippi Mills, Almonte Riverside Inn and Heirloom Café Bistro)
Second Prize: Two tickets to Stuart McLean’s sold out performance on Friday July 12, 2013, dinner for two at Café Postino (sponsored by Mississippi Mills and Café Postino)
Third Prize: 2 tickets to Stuart McLean’s sold out performance on Friday July 12, 2013
Deadline: June 30, 2013
- Story should be about Almonte or Mississippi Mills
- Story must be true
- Story can be funny or touching
- Story should be short (1000 words or less)
- Stories must be double spaced text with at least one-inch margins
- Pages must be numbered
- You will be judged on creativity, originality, spelling, and grammar.
- Judges will be reviewing your stories blind – please do not use identifying info on the story pages, just the story name. Only your cover page should have your name and contact info
- Please submit your story to email@example.com or mail or drop them off
Att: Tiffany MacLaren Almonte Old Town Hall 14 Bridge St. Almonte, ON K0A 1A0
- While stories will remain the property of the authors, by entering this contest you will be granting permission for stories to be used(with notice and credit) in the promotion of Almonte and Mississippi Mills
Good Luck! If you have any questions contact Tiffany MacLaren at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Vinyl Café and Stuart McLean visit: http://www.vinylcafe.com